Sandra has always expressed a keen interest in working in the media, from the age of 15, when she had a day’s work experience at a local radio station. Since that day, she has had a number of work experiences in the media. These include:
- Guest speaker on The TV Show on Channel 4. Krishnan Guru-Murthy presents The TV Show. It is a discussion programme that is broadcast live once a month, in which members of the public debate about what they have enjoyed and disliked on TV.
- Spent a day behind the scenes at Taunton TV.
- Paid extra role, running away from a monster in series 1, episode 13th, of Torchwood. Sandra was also in the TV trailer for this episode. For those of you who don’t know, Torchwood was a spin-off from Doctor Who.
- Extra in locally produced Exeter film, The Forewarning.
- 17 years as a volunteer Hospital Radio Presenter – Experience of working at Torbay and Exeter hospital.
- Behind the scenes of Gemini Radio and Devon-air.
- Guest presenter and behind the scenes assistant at Your Radio. A trial community radio station.
- Worked at the Totnes Times for 7 weeks.
- Herald Express.
- Express & Echo.
- Dawlish Gazette.
- Choice Magazine.
- Founder of Student Life magazine whilst at Torquay College.
To view media testimonials and references for Sandra, click on this link sandrabellamy.co.uk/media-testimonials-and-references.
Sandra obtained an A Level in both Media Studies and English Literature.
After her A Levels, Sandra studied for an NVQ Level 4 HND in Administration (Personal Assistants Course). Alongside this course, because of her keen interest in marketing and the media, Sandra also attended a Leisure and Tourism class once a week. This was to specifically study a module in Marketing and Media Techniques in the Leisure and Tourism Industry.